Followers

Follow on Bloglovin
Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, October 18, 2010

Christmas Cards and Imagine Nation Monday challenge

Hello everyone,
Yesterday I went to my local craft store for their 16th birthday!  They had door prizes and show and tell.  If you brought a card, you got a discount on your purchase.  Also, you could bring canned goods for charity and that gave you an even bigger discount!!!  The store is Carousel Rubber Stamp in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia (Canada).  They're awesome and always so nice.
Here is the card I brought:
It's another acetate card, I just love that technique!!!  I used one of the stamp I bought at the store.  The paper is SU and I used Christmas Cards cartridge for the frame, I removed some of the details with my Gypsy.  I then added the red pom-pom, I think they look so cute!

For my second card, I want to participate at Imagine Nation Monday Challenge:

The challenge is to use a Stamped Image or Sentiment in your project!
  • Must be a new project, for this challenge.
  • If you have an Imagine, you must use it-
  • If you don’t have an Imagine, then make an Imagine-like project
I decided to make something that I learned at the store.  I don't own an Imagine, so I used my expression to make a template (like a stencil).  I chose the Christmas trees in Doddlecharm and welded 3 of them with my Gypsy.  I then use embossing paste:
 The stamped image, paper and ink are from SU.  I sprayed some gold Shimmer Spritz and added some stickles and crystal effect.
 To emphasize the distress look, I hammered my brads.
Have a great day,
Brigitte

3 comments:

Carol L said...

Great job on your cards!!! Cool technique... Very prety. I hope you have a great day!

Hugs,
Carol L.

Norma said...

Brigitte, very cool technique and lovely card:)

My Creative Time said...

WOW!! WHAT A GREAT JOB YOU DID MY FRIEND!! THANK YOU FOR JOINING US FOR OUR 1ST IMAGINE NATION MONDAY CHALLENGE!!
BIG GYPSY HUGS,
EMMA;)